Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Court, court, court

Last week was a busy week. All my kids had court days. They all had the same result - continued.

Our new baby, now 6 weeks old, had a court date in the morning. I wasn't planning on going because I kind if just sit back on new cases. However, little man had an afternoon court date in the same county and I was there for that one. We are trying to get the case changed from reunification to concurrent reunification and TPR. His bioparents haven't seen him in over a year, they haven't sent him anything either or finished their plans. Dad got out of jail and two weeks later they both went to rehab.

The morning cases were so behind that I got to meet the babies parents. They seem motivated and drugs aren't involved so I believe that he will go home. There were two cases in the morning and only 2 were seen so their case was continued. We sat from 11 to 1 when they broke for lunch and then came back at 2. Around 3 they told us that our case was continued. I was not happy and the social worker said that it wasn't necessary for me to come. I told her that it wasn't about the wasted time, the babysitter, the gas, I was upset because I want the case moving forward. I want little man to be safe.

Then our 10 year old had a case as well. Surprising it was continued and that new date is in December. That is a mess and will be a future post on its own!.

No comments:

Post a Comment