Saturday, February 25, 2017

Going out with a Blast

Today is the last day my business will be open and we are going out with a blast. Between last night and today I expect at least a hundred kids will come through our doors to paint. 

I had one party last night and three birthday parties today as well as an open paint tonight.

All the canvases for the parties have been prepped.


I am excited to be able to teach this painting to some girls this afternoon. It was so much fun to paint.


I admit, I am going to miss it. I have had so many people in the community come up to me upset that I am closing. Last night they tipped me $90. I told her she didn't have to, she said it was because I fit her in a brought the glitter. We are not closing for financial reasons. We have gotten so busy, that is not the issue. Perhaps the opposite is true, we have gotten so busy and Tasha retired. She is coming out of retirement for today though! I haven't been able to find anyone to help and wouldn't really care to deal with the business aspect of hiring someone anyways. I have had some moms volunteer to help but I don't want to go down that route either. Besides, right now the home front needs me full time. I have one child I am struggling with and the promise of more.

I have to clear out the shop by the 1st and we also have the fire inspection on the 28th. But first, we have to paint and celebrate!

1 comment: