Friday, August 18, 2017

Quick Trip

We planned a short trip for Sarah's return and back to school celebration. My husband had to go to Atlanta so we decided to go to the Great Wolf Lodge. Some behaviors and issues meant that we changed up who went. We took Joselin and Vaida while Tasha stayed at the house and babysat everyone else.






We have never stayed here before and I had heard mixed reviews. We got a large room with a seperate bedroom with a total of three beds and a fold out sofa and 2 bathrooms. The space worked great for us.




My wolf cubs




Storytime



We only stayed one night. Larissa and I chose to color while the little ones fell asleep.


We rented a caban so everyone had a meeting point. It included a fridge with sodas and has a TV and fan. It worked great for our group.








Benjamin took me by the hand and wanted to play in the wave pool.



He loved the waves....pure joy.



He has no fear, I have been afraid to take him to the beach because I know it will be a battle keeping him close. I am terrified of him going under and not being able to find him. This worked great for us as he got to play in the waves and I could see him. It was also indoors which as the mom of a red head I loved. We had a great time, I can see us doing another short trip. We only stayed one night but signed in early the first day and left late the next day. They said you could stay as late as 8 pm but the kids had school the next day so we left at 3.



4 comments:

  1. As a Florida mom I am terrified of my kids drowning. We have a dark water rule - dark water = mandatory life vest regardless of swim skills. My oldest is almost 9 and so far she hasn't complained. I do expect pushback eventually but for now my mantra is a floating kid is a visible kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Benjamin would have to wear a life vest. But the others would look at me like I was crazy, I find that they slowly move down the beach and I have to reel them back. I just avoid the beach at this time. I am not even sure if I could slather Benjamin up well enough. However, I did love the beaches in Hawaii. Guess I am a beach snob.

      Delete
    2. We did either you wear a life jacket or you don't go out past your knees for a long time! Felicia, you need to some back here where we have white sand. Or we should meet in Atlanta or somewhere along the Jekyll Island/ Jax coastline.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a fun trip, Kathy! I live east of Atlanta and would love to meet both of you someday.

    ReplyDelete