Thursday, August 6, 2015

Fetus - unborn offspring

Typically I don't talk too much about current social issues other than adoption/foster related things. However, I am going to say it, there was a time in which I was pro-choice.  Abortion was something I personally would never do but I didn't feel that it was my right to make that choice for others. After I had Tasha and before Sarah was born I actually miscarried.  To me it was losing a child.  As soon as I learned that I was pregnant I visualized my future child. I loved that child. I cared for that child. I was devastated when I lost that child.

Medicine Net defines a fetus as: An unborn offspring, from the embryo stage (the end of the eighth week after conception, when the major structures have formed) until birth.       



Where in that description does it say that a fetus is a bunch of unfeeling cells that can be discarded at any time.  Any woman who has been pregnant long enough can feel their child move, feel the child react to different stimulus, sounds and even caffeine. That child is kicking, punching and head butting your bladder.  That child has nerves and can feel. It is an unborn offspring, a child who has all of its major structures formed by 8 weeks.

People get upset by the killing of a lion, work hard to save turtles and many other animal causes yet there is no such uproar about the death of many unborn offspring. I don't know if the reports are correct or not about the selling of aborted babies by Planned Parenthood but if they are then I have to wonder how neutral they are when a pregnant woman walks into their offices.  How much nicer it would be if that pregnant and scared woman had a different office she could go to for support to have her child.



There was a time in which women had no rights, African Americans had no rights, children had no rights, Perhaps it is time for unborn offspring to have some rights.

As I have gotten older I have shifted to pro-life.  However, I realize that it is not an easy issue.  It is a complex problem and our society has made it too easy to use abortion as birth control.  It takes a change in society that I don't see happening any time soon. Actually, our society seems to be heading towards self-destruction.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! My birth mother made it as far as the parking lot of an abortion clinic before she changed her mind and chose to have me. I am forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete