Thursday, January 17, 2019

Update number one, youngest

I have been so busy with life so I figured that I would do updates on everyone starting with the youngest who is 5 months old today. We received him when he was 2 weeks old and it was and still is an odd case. We actually feel that he shouldn't be in care and this is our first placement where we feel guilty that we have him. He is the only minor child in the home who was not a drug baby. He is a joy, he sleeps through the night now which is great! He is on target in all ways.

His case is the strangest. So far they have had 6 court dates continued either by the courts or the social worker. Something is very off with this case. There is no police report, no drugs involved. Long term marriage with three kids. The parents have been to the house several times to visit him. They came on Christmas and brought him gifts. They have brought clothing, diapers, wipes, toys, blankets and come to doctor appointments.

Then there is his GAL. Never met her. Actually I received a text from someone saying that they were leaving the agency. I asked who they were, never received a response. Found out from other sources that it was his GAL. Almost 5 months and she never talked to me or came to see him. He really needs someone to advocate for him.

Then there are the court hearings. We are supposed to receive notice about them. I don't. The parents tell me when they are. Actually the last one I mentioned to the social worker and she told me that it was continued by her lawyer. I said something to the parents and they didn't even know that it was cancelled! It is all cray and so unprofessional. They have another court date in February and the parents have asked me to come. We pray for that family.



3 comments:

  1. This breaks my heart so much for this whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel guilty. It's obvious to me that this baby and the family need you. So many foster parents wouldn't be as open and proactive as you with pushing and supporting reunification. It's unfortunate that he's in care if he shouldn't be but you are the best family for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they have any grounds to remove him???

    ReplyDelete