Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Baby Shower

We have one more baby, Owen who is due early October. We had a baby shower to prepare for. We had no budget for the shower and Tasha wanted an Owl theme so Larissa and I raided the garage and made decorations.

For homeschooling Larissa wants to learn clothing design. So I showed her to make a pattern and sew her own owl. Sometimes when you sew you don't think about all the little steps involved. I will show her how to sew with a pattern but I thought this would be a simple enough project for her to develop her own pattern for. Most of the time I do not use patterns as most of my sewing is creative in nature.


She had to learn how to iron, not her favorite thing!


She picked all her own fabrics, I have a lot!


We went through two sewing machines! It is so frustrating when you spend too much time fighting the machine.



Finally I pulled out the big machine and it went much more smoothly.




Pretty good for her first beginning to end project.


I sewed a few more owls.







Sarah baked a lot of cupcakes of various flavors. She is a great baker.


And no pictures of the baby shower. I ended up getting a migraine that day. Thanks to migraine medications it was manageable during the shower but I wasn't feeling the best. It took all day for the headache to finally go away. In spite of that, the party was great and the weather was nice for swimming. Lots of friends and babies came.

No comments:

Post a Comment