Tuesday, August 7, 2018

I'm back! Room Redo

I disappeared for a bit to work on a project, Larissa's bedroom.

Anthony and Larissa left Sunday to go on a mission trip to Kentucky. They were coming back on Friday so I decided that it would be a good time to try and tackle her bedroom.


It normally doesn't look this bad, it is quite cluttered though because she takes care of everything and save a lot. She has decided that she wants to get rid of her younger girl toys and such. This is so hard to do, she loves to play with her babies.



This doll bed was given to Vaida, actually it was Tasha's when she was young! 


This paint has really slown us down. Stripping paint is no fun! I started it about 4 years ago and got frustrated with it and decided to take a break. I didn't realize it would be a 4 year break!


Some things I just didn't feel like getting rid of.





One wall completed.


Not complete but at a good point. There are some areas that I plan on painting in at some point. We want to moon and the unicorn to stick out.


Another little piece I kept.


She does have several collector dolls and I kept all of those.



She cried when she came in her room and I am not sure if it was the room redo or just simply homesick. She said she missed us a lot.


I am taking a break from the room and working on my desk/space area in preparation for school. I will post finished pictures when I finish, not in 4 years! (hopefully)

2 comments:

  1. Been following your blog for a while, but still blown away by the artistic skill in your room redo! Did you really plan and free-hand draw it in Sharpie? Amazing! It's fun to see the ways you show your love for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is done with a sharpie. The ideas came from coloring books. The large drawing was several images found on Pinterest put together to accomplish the look we wanted.

      Delete