Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The Phone


It is a cracked and broken phone but it works fine.

It was given to Emma by a boy at school so he could talk to her.

She didn’t tell me about it, her siblings did when it fell out of her backpack.

Soon she will have a clear backpack because it concerns me when a boy gives a girl a phone so they can contact them. With Joselin there was sneaking out at night because of contact with a phone I didn’t know about.

I returned the phone to the school. They are investigating.

Might be innocent or might not. We had a family talk about sex trafficking, girls meeting boys and actually meeting men and disappearing, girls doing favors for their “boyfriends” who have groomed them, how a boy if he respects you won’t sneak you phones, won’t ask you to sneak out, if you respect yourself you won’t sneak out. A lot of discussion brought about because of a single phone.


I have now had this happen with two daughters. Anyone have this issue! Anyone want to move to a deserted island? It begins and I am not ready.

2 comments:

  1. No experience with this, but as my girls get older and closer to teen years i have to admit it is definitely one of my biggest fears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, that would be scary. Praying.


    Erika

    ReplyDelete