Friday, July 6, 2018

What a Day!

It has been quite a day here. Joselin and I took baby Miguel to the doctors. He had a temperature of 97 when they first checked him. They wanted us to bundle him and see if his temperature went up. Nope, it went to 96. Once more we bundled and snuggled and his temperature went down to 95. At that point he was sent to the hospital.

Our appointment time was 8:30 and when we made I thought that I would have plenty of time to make it home by 11 am to meet with my moms social worker. I was wrong. I stayed long enough to make sure Joselin and Miguel were settled so didn't make it home in time to talk with the worker, luckily my husband was off and filled in for me.

Joselin and Miguel have been at the hospital all day and are supposed to come home tomorrow morning. Apparently his blood work came back fine and his temperature has come back up to normal. According to Joselin she was told that something was low and he needs to be double bundled to keep his temperature up. This is new but I assume he is having problems regulating his temperature.

I have been spending so much time away from home that Benjamin is acting up and everyone swears that the baby is now having 2 year old tantrums. The house just doesn't run the same without momma home.

Vaida was over so the kids did some water coloring. It is nice to have a big stash of craft supplies to pull from.


Benjamin's art


Benjamin holding Vaida's masterpiece.


I love it, same paint totally different results.

I made a few short trips to the hospital to check up on Joselin and take her items that she needed. We weren't anticipating that she would end up in the hospital all day. I also made a milk run, a lunch with husband and Benjamin run and then later a pizza run and Walmart run. I feel like I spent very little time actually home today although I really tried!

We also accepted placement of two foster kids. I know, so much for saying no. I just couldn't keep doing it! They need to stop calling! Supposed to be a short term placement as background checks have already cleared. I will talk about it tomorrow, I am very tired and am heading to bed.

Nite

No comments:

Post a Comment