Thursday, July 5, 2018

Feels like Saturday

The day felt like Saturday all day. I started my day taking Miguel to the doctors. He has another appointment tomorrow morning. I think that he wants to keep an eye on his coloring.

My husband took today off so we went to go see The Incredibles. The kids all enjoyed it. Benjamin isn't a big TV watcher but does great at the movies. Maybe it is the popcorn.


Larissa starts her modeling classes next weekend and needed some black pump shoes for runway walking. I took her to Belk's where she had an elderly black lady come up to her and tell her that she was beautiful and should be a model. I could see the surprised look on Larissa's face. She later told me that she is not used to people saying positive things to her so it always surprises her. Just a few words but they meant a lot to her. It is amazing how a few kind words can really lift someone up. We should be doing that more often instead of tearing each other down.

I haven't gone to the grocery store in two days and noticed that I have an emergency, only half a gallon of milk. I will have to stop off at the store after Miguel's doctor appointment in the morning. Normally I would take late night runs to Walmart. However, I am just too tired. I probably need to pick something up to cook for dinner too. I am so tired of cooking. I feel like I cook the same stuff over and over. I need to find some simple, cheap, quick recipes but I just don't make the time. Anyone else feel like you get in a cooking rut? I find that when I do that we tend to eat out too much. That isn't really a healthy choice and it is breaking my budget. 

Send me your simple recipes, we will test them out!

1 comment:

  1. Google Stephanie O'Dea A Year of Slow Cooking. She emails a recipe a day if you sign up. You might need to double the recipes but they are all easy.

    ReplyDelete