Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Extravaganza

If you follow me on instagram then you have already seen these pictures.

Sunday I got Larissa up bright and early so we could be in Columbia by 8 so that they could practice for their Extravaganza that was happening at 4pm.


The theme was Super Heroes


Little ones practices from 8-12, took a break and then practiced a little before the show at 4. I have to say that Benjamin held up rather well. The show ended around 6:30.

The pictures came out rather blurry. I think it was the lighting and distance.












They give out ribbons, honorable mentions, top three places and at the end they announce their model of the year.

Benjamin placed in the top three in two categories and honorable mention in the third. Larissa got a ribbon in runway and honorable mention in the other two. She smiled but I could tell she wasn't too happy. She really does have a very good walk. I think that years of dancing has helped with that.

At the very end they announced the top model, Larissa! She didn't come out. They announced again and at the third call she finally came out.... crying.

She cried, I cried and the owner cried. The owner said that Larissa is the youngest winner of the model of the year. 

Larissa said that in the back she couldn't hear. Then they said to open up the way and everyone opened up an opening all the way to her, that was when she heard her name called. She was shocked.

We are proud of both kids. Benjamin is a charmer and even did well on his commercial in spite of mic problems that he tried to resolve without getting flustered. Larissa has so many challenges in life and has cried many tears over bullying, it was so nice to see her cry tears of joy. 




It was such a positive experience. One lady came up to Larissa and said that she was so upset when she didn't place in runway, she thought it was rigged but then she was so excited when she won. Several folks wanted pictures with her. One agent came up to me and told me that she took pictures of Benjamin and Larissa for a local film they are doing, she didn't realize that they were siblings.


They tell us we need to go to Dallas in June. We hadn't auditioned to go and part of the reason was money, it isn't cheap. I told them we hadn't auditioned to go, they said that she automatically gets in for being model of the year. Well, guess we are going to go for it. Larissa and I will head to Dallas the end of June to attend the Dallas Model and Talent Expo. It shall be interesting, We shall be broke!

6 comments:

  1. Are you required to stay at a certain hotel to participate in the Expo in Dallas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m asking because we live about an hour from Dallas. Our church has a building for people to stay in (for free) that has several bedrooms and a kitchen. It would be a little drive to get to the expo activities, but you’d save on hotels! Let me know if you are at all interested, and I’ll check the dates you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live in Emory, if you want to look up distance. It’s east of Dallas, between I-20 and I-30. (Please don’t publish this one!) My e-mail is jacriswell@verizon.net if you have any questions. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to both kids. How exciting.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so exciting. I will pray that the funds come your way and financially everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I'm crying reading this! I'm so excited for her. She really is stunningly beautiful in such a natural, enviable way.

    ReplyDelete