Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Paperwork

The paperwork is killing me. We are renewing our license and doing the adoption paperwork. This is the first time that I remember ever having to get background checks on our babysitters. Every two years we have to get new physicals, everyone, yuck. I got my TB test today. I will have to get all the kids in, going to try for spring break.


I am not even going to say this is the last adoption. I have given up!

No word from the aunt but the parents have sent their first ever gift for his second birthday, a blanket with their full names and his name embroidered in it. What do you think? Should I let him have access to that full name since they are still struggling meth addicts? My thoughts are to wait until he is older and is past his teenage struggles.

6 comments:

  1. I would put that away in a memory box and give him access to it when you think he is ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I think it all depends on which worker you talk to as to who needs background checks. Supposedly with the new Prudent Parenting laws, you can let anyone babysit who you would trust with your own children and don't need to get them approved by DSS. But it seems not all the workers are going by this standard. (I am a SC foster parent as well)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have not required this as a foster parent but as part of the adoption homestudy. I find it odd because once a child is adopted I have total freedom to chose who watches my child. I wonder if it is a way to check your circle of friends.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you can remove embroidery fairly easily. Would removing the last names and just giving him the first names be a possibility?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd wait on the blanket. Such a confusing thing for a little one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's a wise decision. To me it feels like "marking their territory."

    ReplyDelete