Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Do Used

Do you like my new TV stand?
Well, actually it is just new to me. It has some dings and is missing it's legs. However the height without the legs is perfect for my TV.

It cost me $30 and is solid wood. Normally I am tempted to paint old wood items but this one was a little different. The doors slide back and I didn't think that it would paint properly. All I did was clean and stain it.
I love the craftsmanship. The handles on the door slides are not plastic but carved out of wood. The slides are metal.

It was made in Denmark.

I bought it off of Craigslist. I am always looking for wood furniture items. I enjoy stripping them down and then decorative painting them. The last painting job I did was Sarah's zebra dresser.

I am anxious to do another project so I am on the look out for something inexpensive to redo. I do Craigslist, garage sales and thrift stores.

I have heard horror stories about Craigslist so I always take someone with me and let everyone know where we are going. I have never had a problem.

Tasha is supposed to come down next weekend and garage sale with me. I hope she does, because I am going. Maybe I will find a great item.

How about you, do you do used?

No comments:

Post a Comment