Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weary

Do you ever get weary?
.
I looked up weary - tired, especially in having run out of strength, patience or endurance.
.
That is how I feel this weekend. I am weary.
.
I am weary of all the household chores that never end.
.
I am weary of worrying about my children's educational, medical and emotional needs.
.
I am weary of feeling that so much depends on me.
.
I am weary that so many people depend on me (some extended family and friends do quite a bit, financially and emotionally).
.
I am weary that my husband is so far away all week.
.
I am weary of holding down the fort.
.
I am weary of school (even though I love it).
.
I am so weary that even chocolate doesn't make it better.
.
I need to create, to do a project. I need to do something just because I enjoy it. I need to do something for just me. Why is that such a hard thing? Why does everyone else seem to come first in my life?
.
Am I whining? Is mom allowed to whine?
.
This too shall pass...........perhaps a little chocolate wouldn't hurt.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Felicia, honey! I hear you! We have 3- and 1- year olds. Thank the Lord spring break is here!!! I have been telling my husband for months how I just want to sit on a beach (even Galveston) and just read a book for ME!!

    I'll be praying for you sister in that you will be refreshed!!'!
    Jeremiah 31:25

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate some hershey kisses with caramel on your behalf : )

    ReplyDelete