Sunday, August 29, 2010

Distractions Clarification

After posting about distractions I wondered if it came across as complaining. I just want to clarify that I enjoy my distractions. My kids are a joy for me (ha, well most of the time!).

My home, yard, kids, cars, pets, husband, all the maintenance that all of it requires are a blessing to me. I know that I have so much and even though sometimes it does all overwhelm me I can't lose sight of the fact that I can not take it for granted. Life is so fleeting, chaotic, fragile and can change so quickly.

I have decided that I want to go back to school. My husband is not requiring that I go to work. He says that I don't have to go to school, but he will support me if I do. I made this decision because living in a one income home can be scary. My husband is a few years older then me, what if something happens to him. Sure we have insurance but that only goes so far. We also have a four year old.

So, I am going to school and studying for a career. Thankfully, I have the luxury to study what I want and to take as much time as I need.

So, even though I have class tomorrow and I haven't finished the reading, I am going to go make some popcorn and watch some HGTV. I can always study in the morning when I have some me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment