Tuesday, July 6, 2010

More Cleaning Up

Our home has three living areas: John's office, the living room and the family room. When we moved we assumed that we wouldn't be able to find a place with three living areas so we would probably only have John's office and a family room. So, we gave Tasha and David our living room furniture. Little did we know we would be back and lacking furniture in the living room.
.
Please don't judge me by this mess! I am still unpacking.
My desk is in this area as well. They say that a cluttered desk is the sign of a creative person.

John took me shopping over the weekend and we purchased some furniture for the living room. John actually let me get my favorite color without a fight!
.
We have a lot of little collections in our shelving from some of our travels. The areas represented are: Hawaii, Korea, Grand Canyon area, Texas, Germany, Natural History Museum in DC, Guatemala and Egypt. Quite a hodge podge of things and I hope to add to it. I love to travel.


Notice my desk area, it closes and hides everything. I love it!


No end tables or coffee table. I look forward to finding something to refurbish.

Tomorrow we are heading to Ft Bragg. My son in law is coming home after serving a year in Afghanistan. It will be a late night, he is supposed to come in at 10ish pm. However, I know the military and how that can change. We are going to go during the day and spend some time with Tasha. Then we will welcome David home, take pictures for Tasha and then head home ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. My wife goes for the look, while I focus on the quality of the structure. Needless to say, we have had some pretty well built ugly furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I don't buy ugly furniture (on a regular basis anyways).

    ReplyDelete