Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Birthday and Bullying

I started my day with a hairstyle from Benjamin.
 He was helping me get my day started because it was my birthday.


Larissa made me some slime. She has a slime problem, we buy glue by the gallons.



Since the kids are going to VBS my husband and I were able to sneak off and have dinner alone.


We had a visit from Little Man's social worker. Not much to report in that area. We won't know anything until the next court date and even then a family member could step forward. I think that the thing that bothers me most is that no one has visited with him in over a year yet a family member could decide to step forward and off he would go. He only knows us at this point.

Our day was pretty quiet until the kids got back from VBS. Larissa came in fuming. A group of girls were picking on her. She was doing her best not to let it get the best of her until they went and sat by Emma. That set her off because she feels that Emma is behind it. I can't say yes and I can't say no. I do know that Emma has a history of getting her friends to say racist comments to Larissa and bully her. I really hope that she didn't but at this point I honestly wouldn't be surprised. I don't get it, I don't understand why she is such a target. It is so frustrating.

People think that bullying happens in school and the kids grow up and get past it. I haven't seen that. Sometimes Sarah still talks about the kids who bullied her in high school. Sometimes she will see the now adults in public and she will point them out to me. I still see the hurt that those kids caused. I see how much it hurt her self esteem. I feel so frustrated that I can't stop the same thing from happening to Larissa. I get mad that some of it comes from her own home.

Anyone else dealing with bullying?

1 comment: