Thursday, November 25, 2010

Do I Look Calm?

Last night John was stuck in traffic trying to come home so I ventured out to the local pizza joint with the kids.
.
Only 5 kids; Sarah, Anthony, Larissa and the two foster babies. I guess we were interesting looking because Sarah complained that everyone was staring at us.
.
We eat out a lot (probably too much, OK, yea, too much) so the kids know how to behave. They also like to eat which helps keep them occupied.
.
So we sat and ordered our food, visited and then ate when the food came. The kids did really well and we enjoyed our meal.
.
At the end of our meal a couple came to our table.
.
The lady asked me if I felt calm right now. I thought it was an odd question, wondered if I was missing something. I told her I felt pretty calm. She said that she noticed that I was calm. She said that she also noticed how well behaved all the kids were considering how many little ones I had. Then she said with GREAT emphasis....."I would be going CRAZY, I don't know how you do it."
.
Hahahaha, I thought she was going to complain about something and instead she was complementing me. Funny how normal to me is unusual to others.
.

1 comment:

  1. I remember one time going to Cici's in Tennessee. My sons and husband all have long hair. So 8 of us wlked in. I am not kidding,people turned thier heads and stared. My older daughter(15yrs) hates to go out and eat because of the way people stare.it doesn;t bother me. I am so proud of my kids!

    ReplyDelete