Friday, May 13, 2011

Getting Crafty with the Kids

I follow a site called Wood You Like to Craft. This month they are making tool boxes. When I was a Boy Scout leader we made similar boxes. I decided to make some simple art boxes for Anthony and Larissa. http://craftysisters-nc.blogspot.com/2011/05/link-party-wood-you-like-to-craft.html

I actually had all the wood and only had to buy a dowel. I made a simple Boy Scout style box.

Originally I was going to paint it for them; however, after thinking about it I decided to let them paint them.



They really enjoyed themselves, serious painters.



I decided to paint the backside with their names.



Simple names.........hand painted.



Do you think that there is any chance they will take better care of their art supplies?






I made the sides high so that the kids could pull out their craft items without hindrance.





2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fantastic!! You really did a nice job building those for your kids, did you even add holes to place gluesticks?! I love that you let the kids decorate too and built the handle so they can easily access their supplies. Very cool!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project! I bet your kids had a blast with those! The construction is great. I wish i had a something like that for all my stuff when I was little.... or now for that matter!
    Great job and thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete