Friday, April 2, 2010

How do you know if your child being bullied for his race?

Do you see that little scar above Anthony's left eye? It is new, he got it at school. Apparently it was an accident a while back. Just like yesterday, when the nurse called me and said someone accidentally dropped something on his head. Uh, again. I have lost track of how many times the school nurse has called me because of accidents at school. You can even tell by the nurses tone that she is wondering if I am going to buy this accident thing again.

Now, before you think that he is clumsy let me tell you that he has been in school since he was 3 years old and has had only one accident in all that time, he is now 6 year old. Another little fact, he is the only black boy in his class. Could there be a little racism going on? Lately, my gut is telling me that he is in fact a target. Now I need to determine how to deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh so sad :(

    We are Latinos and my children attended a school where they were the only latinos in the class...

    Let's just say half of the school year i had to pull them out because od racism.. Sad indeed...

    God is good.. I will pray for your children..

    ReplyDelete